Thursday, September 26, 2013

Enlightenment is Awesome - Who? Me?

I believe we are all connected.

I believe we all, to quote Heinlein, “art God.”

I believe we each create our own Heaven.  Thus, when someone believes someone else did not make it into “their” Heaven, they are really condemning a part of themselves to disconnection.

Let’s take it one step further.  What if it’s more than “we are all connected”?

What if it is actually “We are all one”?

We are all one.

We are one.

I am one.

Therefore, I am alone.

Each and every one of you is… not a figment of my imagination, but a part of myself.  An image created upon the screen of my mind to fully explore all the infinite possibilities of being.  I am every flower petal, every breath upon the wind, every tear of acid rain.  I am every baby being born, every child crying, every boy running, every girl twirling.  I am every youth and adult and elder in every community.  I am starving and bloated and pleasantly full.  I am a drug user and a purist, a cannibal and a person on a very well balanced diet.  If I can think it, somewhere out there, I am it.
Why are there now so many people the world can barely hold us?  Because every moment, as my consciousness expands, more possibilities come into play.  I am able to conceive of more realities.  There are more “ifs” and there need to be more players.
Why is the world itself becoming more connected through technology?  Because it’s time, now, to open my world to all my selves, to feel everything felt, to think everything, to experience everything!  It’s the ultimate in living vicariously.
Think about it, if you dare.  There are many people you know who are out of sight.  Friends in other countries; family in other cities; parents in other buildings; loved ones in other rooms.  Do they really exist?  Are they really there?  You can email them, sure.  But the mind loves electricity.  The brain IS electricity.  Sending an email to yourself, that’s easy.

Oh wait.  Sorry.  If my hypothesis is fact, then you/I am already thinking about connectedness and there is no need to dare myself/ you to do so.  (Does my brain hurt yet?)


I am the thief and the victim.  I am the mother and the child.  I am the past and the future.

I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment