Friday, February 27, 2015

Thoughts to Ponder: Colder than a Witch's What?

Why is the saying "colder than a witch's tit"?

When it's cold outside, my toes are the first to let me know. Then my fingers. Ears. And of course lungs and nostril hairs. My teats are snugly warm under layers and layers of clothes. And a big fuzzy coat.

Even if we're saying that a witch is a woman with a huge green nose (like Witch Hazel from the Looney Tunes) - surely that nose was sticking out much further into the frigid air than her breasts. Which are also happily covered with cloth. Warm black wool cloth. And most likely a shawl.

Let us officially change the terminology, please. We may say it is colder than a witch's nose hairs.

Cuz it surely is, right now. Colder than a witch's anything.


Especially as all sensible witches are tucked inside with hot toddies and a good book.

I hope you have a warm day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment