Monday, November 5, 2012

Enlightenment is Awesome - And Easy

November 2, 2012


Screw it. Screw it all. This struggling is pointless and painful and it’s not happy. I am a happy person. I am a person who prefers to be content. I push myself enough trying to get out there and do stuff. Why make it hard for myself? Why put obstacles in my way that serve no purpose but to make it harder?

Screw it. It’s time to make it easy.

Enlightenment is learning, that’s all. The light bulb is often used as a symbol for an idea. In the game "Life Quest" it’s used as a symbol for knowledge classes (as opposed to skill or self improvement). The dark ages are considered that because of the lack of education within the majority of the populace.

For some, learning is hard. For others, learning is easy. Conventionally. But psychology tells us there are different ways of learning. So instead of trying to memorize everything and regurgitate it back, let’s try hands on. If hands on isn’t your thing, what about audio input? How do you learn?

How do I learn? Sometimes I learn by doing, sometimes by talking about it, sometimes by reading about it. It often depends on the things that surround the subject. For example, I learn lots from fantasy books. But I have a very hard time reading factual books. Even if they are well written. Even if they have a lot to say. I’d rather have someone else tell me about it. Memoirs? Blech. Fantasy books written in memoir format? Sure. I admire Katherine Hepburn but I couldn’t read her biography to save my acting career. Shrug.

I also seem to learn by spouting, or in this case spewing, words upon the page until I come to an answer.

Hard means it’s not my path. I don’t have the skills or the knowledge or the enjoyment or the desire. IE: I’m a green skier in the black diamond world of technology.

To heck with doing it the hard way just because everyone else does. To heck with not doing something, not receiving something, because someone else has a lesson to learn. If I can’t do something one way, I’ll try it another. And another. And another. Until it’s easy.

I’m going to find a way to make it easy.

I’m going to take it easy.

It’s so easy.

Thank you,

Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment