Thursday, March 15, 2018

I know you are, but what am I?

Recently, I explored an advertisement about Energy Vampires.

It started with the question "What kind of empath are you?"And continued with free videos warning against the dangers of energy vampires, all around us.

 The videos described how awesome I (the empath) was, and how negative my association with energy vampires can be.

And the four helpful videos, doled out one by one, promised there would be answers to the question - Oh, what should I do? And maybe there were answers, but all I felt was a slimy nasty feeling that, by the very words of the speaker, could be attributed to energy vampires!

Now, having done a little exploring into the frustrating world of video workshops, I have to say, this is probably the formula the promotional department wanted. Put out hooks. Lead with promises. Mention the real answers in the very last video (which I didn't bother watching because the first two gave me huge feelings of inadequacy and victimhood.) Get people to buy the online video courses!

Which made me wonder - have we created a society of energy vampires? Or just - lets simplify it - of vampires?

Look at our ads, our billboards, the products out there. They create (or try to create) an audience by feeding our insecurities, driving the need for the new, taking away the things that always worked and saying they really weren't good enough.

But hey, if we have the cash, they have the cure. Promise.

Even the medical world is full of stop gaps and fear to keep us coming back, hat and money in hand.

I am a part of this cycle. As a retail person, as a healer, as a writer, I am attempting to connect with and respond to the pulse of the world, the ills and travails of society. I have the way for it all to be better. Well, for now. If you're like me.

So am I a vampire too?

Not the point. Maybe the point? Getting to the point...

First, we have all learned to be or to respond to vampires because that is the way our current society works.

But second, things are not as simple as vampire vs empath. There is no easy demarcation between a donor and a receiver. Because I think we all are a bit of both. It's called the exchange.

We crave the connection, the give and the take, the partnership. We want to receive, and in return we want to prove ourselves, be valued for what we have to offer. For who we are.

I guess the true vampire is one who takes and never returns. A person who doesn't care what happens to the "host," so long as she herself is filled. So that eases my mind a little.

I do accept there are people out there who are so void, they can only take from others. And there are people who are unwilling or unable to be part of the Universal exchange, so they just feed and feed, and desperately search for their next meal. And yes, much as I am working to change this reality, there are probably still people who feel absolutely nothing unless they are creating pain. No conscious, no connection.

And those videos are probably very helpful for a lot of people!

But I don't believe that it is a cut and dried matter of saying, if you are not an empath, you are a vampire. Or that if you feel better after being with people, you are a vampire.  Or - if you feel worse after being with other people, they are vampires. I think there is more to it. There is a lot more to it. It is NEVER just us or them, black or white.

And since we, the human race, are like ogres (who are like onions), we will continue to be searching for the next explanation, the next healing focus. The next person to teach; the next guru to learn from.The next give and the next take. The next level.

If you're like me, you're an empath. You're also a vampire. You're a wolf and you're a sheep. You give and you receive. You are part of the Universal Exchange. Which means, you're alive.

I hope you have a great day!
-Lila

I am a member of the Universal Exchange.
I receive and I give with ease and grace, beauty, compassion, and Happiness. - LEA

No comments:

Post a Comment