Saturday, April 16, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice - Accepting I have Time

Today I acknowledge that I have time.

This is the flip side of practicing the "truth of the moment." Because, let's face it, most of us think beyond this moment. We are constantly comparing today to the past and projecting for the desired future. And sometimes that makes it difficult to "BE" in this moment.

Especially with all the transition that's happening in the world.

Especially with every one telling us how to behave, what rules to follow, what goals to achieve, what is best for us to think and eat and believe.

Especially if we're striving for happiness.

Because really, when you think about it, what is going to make me happier? Customer service or singing?

Well, actually, both.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I am having a hard time accepting it also. I want a job! I want to have a schedule and get out of the house and be answerable to other people. That is a truth of this moment. And oh, the money I will earn. And OH! the things I will learn.

But I also want to have the flexibility to be available for singing whenever it's needed. To write songs and practice and really participate in Threshold. That is a passion that feeds me! And oh, the joy and the connection I feel!

And it seems the desire to do both has kept me paralyzed, because I want to commit, to really commit, to both.

And I can. Just, one at a time. (you know, like one step at a time. Like, I can only really focus on one thing at a time. Which is true. So, one truth at a time.)

Happily, there is plenty of time.

Because I'm still alive. And until the moment I die, I have all the time I need. I can take a job now. I can commit fully to a job outside the home. And in a few years, I'll be able to commit fully to Threshold.

I have time.

Until I die, I have all the time in the world. And because I believe in the awesomeness of the expansive universe, that is a lot of time indeed.

I can do everything I want. I don't have to choose between one and the other; I simply have to choose which comes first - which is about self care and the truth, the needs, of the moment.

I am unlimited. I can do anything.

I have time.



I hope you have a great day!

-Lila


No comments:

Post a Comment