Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The cocoon opens again - and the babble ensues

Hello to you!

Looks like the cycle of writing fell away again - I do tend to wax and wane in my... hmm, what's a good word?

Actually, the word I've been using lately is Introversion. My introvert side has been claiming it's time out of the public's eye. I've been doing a lot of workshop building and reading and self-care which, interestingly enough, includes the admin stuff I love to complain about.

But it has been easier since I realized that the administrative tasks of bill paying and filing and emails are a form of self-care. Like exercising or house cleaning or yearly blood tests.

And the best part, the part that is making it much easier, is I realized I was making it very complex. In this, as in many other things, I had created an intricate game of tasks to accomplish in order to feel productive and, well, accomplished. "I am an accountant!" I declare happily as I take 5 minutes to figure out the exact perfect account in which to post my 5$ cash spending. And I fret over how long to keep receipts. And I do have imaginary conversations with the IRS about why I classified this clothing purchase as a uniform - because he might wear those pants out in public once in a while.

AAaaaaaagh! Yes, it is a fun game. And yes I love numbers. But there are amazing systems in place now to simplify the bookkeeping tasks. And simple is the name of the new game I am playing.

"Simple and Significant." Yes, you see it everywhere - I first heard it from my mom. She was talking about my writing, but it is relevant in all parts of life, including bookkeeping. I don't need 14 different categories for my groceries, and I don't need to spend half an hour invoicing the business account in order to split the telephone bill.

So I found a better way to get the bookkeeping done. A simpler way. A way that works for me and is relevant to the way I operate, the way I look at things, the true way I live - not actions based on an ideal of someone I admire. So I'm not going to inventory all of my possessions with the goal of valuating them every year. I just don't do that.

And I'm not going to use the Getting Things Done form of time management - because all that's done is create bigger piles for me. And not gotten anything done. I loved the idea. But it's too involved for my form of action.

I am a do it now person. Do what is in front of me. Even if something can wait for a few days, I need to keep it in front of me, because if I file something to be done later, my brain thinks it's been done. And i forget about it.

By the way -  if you've been waiting for an email, I apologize. It's on my self-care list. I'm still practicing fitting it all together.

Because I love my work. And creating these workshops is an amazing undertaking. And I often find myself retreating back into the cocoon of thought and growth and stripping away unnecessary flourishes in order to be ME. And that often equates to not writing. For myself or to others.

But the cocoon is opening again. As September ends and the clearing cycle changes to production again (last harvest, get to work!) I am looking forward to connecting with peoples again.

Because keeping it simple clears the clutter, the intricate flourishes, and allows space for happiness. Truthful, connected, expansive reality.

I'm not going to edit this, so please forgive the typos. I have to get ready for Spirit Wise work - and tonite's  class.  Will I see you there?


I hope you have a great day!
=Lila


No comments:

Post a Comment