Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happiness Practice - Enhancing my Calm

I am amazing and awesome and wonderful and I DID it! Squeeeeee!

 And I am going to enhance my calm.

Old habits would include getting all jittery and excited and planning grand futures on this awesome feeling of success and connection.

And while old habits have brought me here (thank you, Lila) it is the changing of many of those habits that has brought me happiness.

And I don't like the jittery feeling. The breathlessness. The mind numbing plunge into infinite possibilities. It's distracting, and it makes it difficult to do simple things like make coffee, or put my shoes on.

I DO like feeling happy, excited, and awesome. And capable.

And when I take a deep breath, as I would when I'm stressed, and allow the feeling to just be the feeling; when I allow the joy and the accomplishment to be, to feel good and NORMAL, I can connect it to myself.

I can BE the person who does this kind of thing every day.

I am Lila. I am a Happiness Practitioner. I write, I sing, I coach and counsel and teach. I hug.
I create. It is amazing.

And I do it every day. Calm, focused, open and expansive, allowing, and happy. Every day.

So I take a deep breath. I feel the joy and the awesome and the happiness, but I release the jitters and the grandiose.

I enhance my calm.

And I go do it again.

I hope you're having a great day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment