Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice - Allowing it to be a good day

Today I am going to allow it to be a good day.

It's one of THOSE days - where I can't sleep, but don't want to get out of bed.

I have things to do and I'm ready (on time!) but I also feel disconnected, strange, even portentous about the day.

And I am fretting about the future - do I really want the kind of work that requires getting up with the sun?

And I am practicing allowing myself to be fully myself and feel all these disparate feelings of hope and frustration.

But that doesn't mean today has to be a draggy, grumbly, day. With all these feelings and explorations and trying stuff, today can be a great day! I just have to let.

Instead of peeking into the next hour and thinking, "oh, this is going to be so difficult. I don't wanna!" I can simply breathe deep, and allow it to be easy. Fun. Shiny.

I don't even have to expect it or force it to be a good day. I just have to allow it.

So today, I am going to allow it to be a good day. Perhaps even great!

And I hope you are allowing a great day also!

-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment