Friday, July 15, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice - allowing and accepting

Today I am going to allow things to be what they are and accept how i feel about them.

I have been thinking a lot about choices and actions and personal truths. But today's truth is, sometimes things don't need action. Or even choice. Things are.
 Moments are.
We are.

And maybe a moment or thing or place or person invokes the feeling of unhappiness, but first I have to accept that that is how I feel. How can I make a true choice about my happiness until I allow the moment to be what IT is; until I accept the (perceived) truth of it?

 Likewise, the expectation that I will need to "work" through a moment can hide the truth of it. Walking around projecting the persona of MYSELF with all  my unique quirks is no more truthful or happy than trying to believe something so someone else will approve. And I can't force myself to be happy or mindful or empathetic or judgmental or disconnected. I know that truth changes. People change. Moments change.

Enlightenment is awesome - and it is true knowledge of self.
It is allowing that some moments don't need any work. any action. any choice.

Just acceptance. Just allowance.

Today I am going to practice allowing - moments, people, myself - to just be.

I hope you have a great day!

-Lila


No comments:

Post a Comment