Monday, July 11, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice... What works? Really.

Today I am going to explore what really works for me.

I waffle back and forth and over and under, through a variety of organizational and time management options. And I still don't feel I have a handle on how I work - on how I best prepare and administrate.

The actual classes and coaching and teaching and mentoring and singing and being in the happiness moments are, well, easy.
But I have learned this last week that a really good moment requires more attention than just that  moment. It requires rehearsal. Acknowledgement of areas that need practice. Preparation. Planning. What is that saying? "Proper planning prevents poor performance."

Hmm, I'm going to have to change that, so the focus is on amazing performance. OH!

"Proper Planning Presents a Powerful Performance."  Ha!

Maybe that's the way I work. As if everything is a performance - because it is. I am performing an action of some type or another, whether I am paying bills or mentoring clients.

And performance does require practice. And proper care of instruments. And...

Okay, it doesn't sound exactly right, but it does sound like one step closer.

Maybe not, how is it a performance? But how do I want it to perform? I want the household to run smoothly. As smoothly as a seminar.

So today I am going to explore what works for me in areas I do want to do the work, and how I can apply that practice to areas in which I haven't quite found the happiness connection.

I hope you have a great, and powerful, day.

-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment