Saturday, December 21, 2013

Remember the men

Wow.  2012 is done.  Finished.  It's been a year since we officially, astronomically turned the corner.

Look at all the women standing up, standing forth, no longer asking or even demanding, but EXPECTING the honor and respect which is our due as members of the human race.  Look at us becoming politically involved, spiritually involved, personally involved.

Yay us.  Go us!  But…

Let's remember the men.

As we come to realize our strengths, as we discover our abilities, as we draw outside the box and the circle and the polygon, let us not strive to wipe men out of existence.  I'm serious.  Not only are we changing the world around us, we are changing the world inside us.  We have ALL been trained in "the way it should be", whether we are sadistic bitches or sensitive men, nurturing women or cold-hearted bastards.  There is no need to crush the males under our shoes, boots or dancing slippers.  There is no reason to bash every person who has a penis.  Because a vagina does not automatically make a person right about everything either.

I know there are places and people who have to fight for their choices, for their decisions.  But that doesn't mean our rise in power needs to be a militant one.  Nor even an overpowering one.  In fact, there are many women who still prefer to have "a man in charge".  And they're just as right, for themselves and their situation, as the rest of us.
 
Let this age of Aquarius be one of equals, not one of gender.  Let all the teachers teach, let all the geniuses create, let all the skilled healers heal.  Let the head of the household be the one decided by that household.  Let us each, and all, answer the call of our abilities and our desires; let us be ruled by our hearts, not by outdated models of society.

I am not responsible for the way my ancestors treated people in their possession or people they were possessed by.  I am responsible for how I treat people of all races, religions, beliefs, cultures, occupations, genders, social standings, etc.

I am not responsible for the Crusades or the Witch Trials, the Crucifixion or  human sacrifice.  I am responsible for how I treat people of all races, religions, beliefs, cultures, occupations, genders, social standings, etc.

I am not responsible for anyone's actions during the Civil War of the United States, for any of the World Wars, for the rise and fall of any historical empires or civilizations.  I am responsible for how I treat people of all races, religions, beliefs, cultures, occupations, genders, social standings, etc.

I am not responsible for any of the laws passed or traditions set before my coming of age.  I am responsible for how I treat people of all races, religions, beliefs, cultures, occupations, genders, social standings, etc.

And I am not responsible for how my mother treated my father, nor for how my father treated my mother.  I am not responsible for anyone else's rules of behavior, in and out of the work place, the home, the  shopping mall.  I am responsible only for my actions, for how I treat people, regardless of race, religion, belief, culture, occupation, gender, social standing, etc.

Therefore, as we the women regain our equilibrium and see ourselves in a fresh and invigorating light, let us remember the men.  As people.  As husbands and fathers and brothers and friends and lovers and enemies and teachers and students and bystanders.   Be they  Bully or Braveheart, let us treat them each according to their actions of today, and not according to, or in retaliation for, the rules laid down by people a thousand years ago.


Thank you,

Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment