Thursday, May 29, 2014

I wonder

The other day, before my retail shift, I looked at my nails and saw a ragged edge.

I thought, I should file that.

I thought, I don't really have time to do my nails.

I went to the store.

That afternoon, helping a customer, my nail snagged a piece of clothing.  She had to go get a different item, and it turned out to be a different color.

I  really do wonder, still, what else did that event affect?  Did she wear a different outfit one night?  Did it make her more or less out going?  Was she angry deep down because I ruined the one she really wanted?  Was it a major turning point in her life?  Does she even remember that moment?  That choice?  That event?

Obviously, it was a huge moment for me.  So was I "just" a catalyst?  Or did it change nothing in her life and everything in mine?


I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment