Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Today's Happiness Practice... ME

Part of the Happiness Practice has been the Truth of the Moment.

Another part of the Happiness Practice is the question: "Who does that belong to?"

And of course, there is the age old question - what will bring me Happiness?

So, when one is laying down and enjoying an old favorite book and the time comes to get up and take a shower...
...part of self says, oh, let's just keep reading. We want to finish the book today. We are so comfortable. We really love this book and the cool part hasn't happened yet... (well, the next cool part.)
...and part of self says, you told yourself you would do this. You'll feel better if you do this.
...and part of self says, you know what, I am so tired of this argument, let's just go to bed and deal with it all tomorrow.
...and then there's the part that says, hey, if we have time before bed, we should work on writing
...and the part that wants to work on admin stuff
...and the part
...and
...and

Who does that belong to? Well, honestly, they all belong to me. It's much easier to stay and read. To not move. 
But I will feel better, happier if I get up and take a shower today. And I've been doing so well with getting things done today.
But I really need my sleep. I could sleep more. 
Or do more dishes. 
Or work on this or that... 

What will bring me happiness?
Well, they all will, one way or the other. Different actions will bring different parts of me happiness. (So there, nyah.)

Ok.

What will bring the center of me -- the deep down me, the one that controls the manifestation and believes the world is an awesome place, the powerful and amazing and vulnerable me -- what will bring ME happiness?

I got up and took a shower.
And the cool thing, the awesome thing, was I immediately felt that deep down happiness. I don't have to wait for tomorrow, to be glad I took a shower today. My mind, body, and spirit were all in agreement that this was happiness.

So today, and tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, I will continue practicing the happiness of ME - beyond the immediate moment, knowing that the truth of the moment is now about the whole, and that the sense of right is immediate and bright.

And I believe in the day when every moment is full of truth and bright and lightness of being.

I hope your Happiness is blooming!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment