Saturday, October 29, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice - back to 15 minutes

Today I am going to get things done, 15 minutes at a time.

I feel like I have been either going or stopping; either head down or staring blankly at my "to do" list. And they're all things I WANT to do, things to accomplish in order to be the me I want to be, to open the possibilities.

But I am once more caught up in the whirlwind of a thousand choices and only so much daylight. Which is actually literal, because it feels like I have to work twice as hard to be connected when the sun goes down.

And I think it has been many many days since I have had downtime to myself. All to myself. (driving does not count - one has to be aware of other people when driving. I really want to think only of myself.)

So today, I am going to go back to the system of 15 minutes. Just do something on my list for 15 minutes. Then I can rest and read and stare at the wall.

I am going to practice balancing, being both sides of myself. 15 minutes at a time.

I hope you have a great and totally YOU day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment