Friday, October 7, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice - BEING happy.

Today I am going to be happy.

Today I attended a class on energy work and had the interesting experience of having my very being ridiculed and demeaned.

Now, it was not me personally who was the target. But the class presenters have their own unique perceptions about metaphysical practices and about happiness.

Yup. I paid money to be told my work is useless.

And as Icona Pop says, "I don't care. I love it."

I am not Happy because someone else thinks it's a good idea. I am not a Happiness Practitioner because it's universally accepted or because I want to make good use of a college degree. I do not use the New Age, Metaphysical Wiccan practices because they're popular.

I do it all because it's right for me. It IS me. All of it. Nature and crystals and grounding and advising in protection and manifesting and knowing that happiness is my choice and my right.

And I fully believe that others want to be happy. I believe everyone wants to be happy. We may have trouble believing it's an acceptable way of life. After all, the American Dream doesn't say "A white picket fence and 2.5 kids, happily." Or even "2.5 happy kids". And as one of the presenters pointed out, saying we want to be happy when we grow up evokes the response: "No, what do you want to be?"

But I believe in Happiness, that it is a force like Love, and that everyone can be it.

And so today, I reaffirmed my happiness. I made the class all about me, for me, taking only the information I resonated with, and letting everyone else have their own opinions.

Because everyone does get to have their own opinions. I accept that.

I accept that everyone has their own perceptions.

I accept everyone.

Accepting people doesn't mean I believe what they believe. It certainly doesn't mean I care about their opinions. It just means I accept them.

Cuz what I think, feel, believe, and do is all about me. It's what is right for me. Happiness IS each person believing what is right for them. (At least, for me it is.)

So today I am practicing being Happy. By accepting others, and cheering their choice. Because their belief is their Happiness, even if they don't believe in it.

I hope you have a great day!
-Lila


No comments:

Post a Comment