Saturday, March 4, 2017

If you're like me... The consumption is out of control

If you're like me, this last month has been full of  fullness. Eating everything in sight. Throwing food restrictions to the winds. Consuming things like your life depends upon it.

If you're like me, very few things are satisfying. That hunger is still there. The black hole amidst the bloated, extended belly is still gaping. The very thought of food is disgusting, but still you're driven to eat.

And if you're like me, it's not just food. You're buying things. So far it's been things you need, mostly, but the desire is there. To just roam the stores. To put your hands on things. To window shop with avarice.

So, if you're like me, you are finally realizing that this hunger, this greed, means there's something missing, something that we are desperately craving.

The body, the mind, the spirit, is looking for some nutrient somewhere, and we are on consumption overload.

What do we do about it?

Obviously, it's not an easy answer, or we would have already consumed, purchased, or immersed ourselves in the desired element. So how do we find out what we need?

I guess it's time to ask. And to listen.

For me, that means figuring out how I want to communicate with myself. Usually it is a combination of sitting in the sunshine, taking a shamanic journey, and writing and writing and talking and writing and talking.

Which takes SOOO much time!

But, it's going to take more time to lose all this extra weight I've brought in, attempting to find the answer. It's going to take more time to get rid of all the extra stuff I've purchased. And if I don't take the time to listen and ask what I really want /what I need, I am going to end up in a place where what I need is recovery. And that will take a LOT of time.

It's a difficult choice. What is right for today? Can I stop consuming unwanted things until I have the space and clarity to communicate with myself? Or do I need to take that time, for me, today?

If you're like me, all this consumption means your body needs something, desperately. It's time to find out what the need is.

I hope you're having a great day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment