Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Happiness Practice - Appreciating myself

Today I am going to appreciate myself.

And I don't mean this in the "believe in myself", "give myself props", "accept myself" fashion (though I expect I will do that too.)

Today, I am going to look back on past choices and give myself some "atta-girl"s. And some "well-done"s.

Specifically, I am going to celebrate how awesome my recent vacation was.

In the past, vacation meant I should huddle up and eat a lot and read a lot of books and play games and do "MY" stuff.

But this time, vacation meant hanging out with my husband. Enjoying him. Appreciating him and all his wonderful eccentricities.

And I did this for me, not for him. I allowed myself to see him as a person, to accept him as who he is with all his, um, interesting quirks. And yeah, he has a lot of quirks, in my opinion. But, interestingly, that made all the really cool stuff seem even more awesome.

And yes, I also read books. And ate a lot. And even played a game or two.

But, as I look forward to having a job outside of the home, and the uncertainty of future time together, I am so appreciative that I took the offered time and really enjoyed the person I've been with for over 20 years.

Today I'm going to appreciate myself, and all the awesome choices I have made.

Yay me!

I hope you have a great, and appreciative, day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment