Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Thank You for the Music

Today's happiness practice is, well, everything.

I am breathing.
I am reaching down and in, to connect with myself, calming the frantic Lila.
I am allowing energy to feed me; and I am allowing today to be a great day, instead of whining, grasping, demanding a great day.

I am practicing (really hard!) disciplining / training my cat from a place of connection instead of a place of blind rage (MY COMPUTER!).
 And I'm balancing the desire to take pictures of all his adorable stunts with the need to keep him from jumping up there EVER again.

I am moving forward, one step at a time, and not yelling at myself because I feel like I'm missing some vital step, or because I'm moving slowly because I'd much rather be...  Well, because I THINK I'd much rather be reading. 
The truth is (are you listening, Lila?) I am happier when I have accomplished things, whether it's Tai Chi or filing the in-box. And reading, much as I love it, is not accomplishing stuff in a way that brings me happiness. 

Though reading is still awesome. I am so grateful to Tanya Huff, JD Robb, Rachel Neumeier, Robin McKinley, Sharon Shinn, Terry Pratchett, Lois McMaster Bujold - My go-to people when I need inspiration and relaxation in one sitting.

I am practicing gratitude.

Oh, so much gratitude.

Because this morning, when I was coaching myself toward getting out of bed, connecting with the universe and floating on the snuggly warmth of "Just one more minute", I realized there was a song in my head. 

This is not unusual.

But this song was not one I have been trying to write, nor one I had been practicing, nor one I had been listening to, nor even one of those annoying ear worm ones you wish to blast out of existence.

This is a song I had never heard before.

Some soft, female voice was singing "You are wonderful. You are wonderful. You are wonderful."

Definately practicing gratitude.

And listening.

\And believing.

I am pretty wonderful. I am unique. I am one of a kind. There is no one like me, today, and there never will be again.
 I am the shining moment of possibilities - a baby's laugh, a first kiss, a sunrise and a sunset, the moon on the water, the cuteness of a young animal, the spark of an idea, the blank page, the empty stage.
I am the burnished moment of experience - a mother's smile, a father's pride, the conversation in a glance, the sigh of accomplishment, the weary joy of memories, the frost of winter, the grief of the last words written, the final curtain.

I am wonderful. It is an honor to be me.

Happily, I am not the only wonderful person in this world (that would be pretty lonely). 

You are unique. You are one of a kind. There is no one like you, today, and there never will be again. You are the shining moment of possibilities. 
You are the burnished moment of experience.

You are wonderful.
You are wonderful
You are wonderful.

We are wonderful.

And today is a great day!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment