Thursday, June 30, 2016

Today's Happiness Practice - Practice

Today I am going to practice all of it.

Today I am in a most delightful situation - at a conference, gathering, retreat, hang out and get steeped in my peoples; I am at the Threshold Choir International Gathering. An event where one is expected to break out into song, and be in meditative contemplation - often at the same time!

Learning, singing, teaching, being around curious growing harmonic persons. And there is green, life filled nature outside my window. Pretty close to Nirvana for me.

I could easily slip into an enjoyment vortex - just let myself float on the music and the love.

But then I wouldn't really enjoy it. I wouldn't really be a part of it. And I certainly wouldn't be able to contribute my share of teaching, learning, and harmony.

So I am going to practice breathing. I am going to practice being myself. I am going to practice self-care. I am even going to practice moderation! (Well...)

When I feel myself becoming twitterpated (so easy to do with all these voices and experiences and song writing skills), I am going to step back, slow down - yup, doing it right now - and breathe. I am going to return, reconnect with my inner self. I am going to check my shields, receive only when I want, give only when I want, drink water, and remember my peeps.

I am going to stand with and be with, play with and sing with. Not to, or from, but WITH.

Today, I am going to practice being the best full, connected, breathing, calming, healing, singing, learning, wry, explorative, curious, spiritual, happy, healthy, wealthy me I can be.

I hope you have a great, full day!
-Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment